Sunday, December 11, 2011

I have found the weakpoint.

The weak point of this book: the editing. In about a 20 page span, I have found several small mistakes that should have been caught by an editor. Call me a prick, but this is probably one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to reading. Editors get paid quite a bit, and the job at a publishing firm is competitive, so when I see that many small mistakes it makes me not want to continue reading the book. Petty, I know, but that's just how I feel. Editing aside, the book is still as funny and interesting as it was at the start.

2 comments:

  1. The book is written in the style of someone who is talking or writing in a personal journal. I think that in order to maintain this style, the editor might have left the small mistakes in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I don't care. It's unprofessional and makes the work sloppy and it's aggravating to read.

    ReplyDelete